Home > Court

Court - Home
It is through the Municipal Courts that citizens in the State of New Jersey come into contact with the judicial system, either as a defendant, a victim, or a witness. Since most citizens never appear before another court, it is from their experience in the Municipal Courts that most people base their conclusions about the quality of justice in New Jersey.
The Municipal Courts are considered courts of limited jurisdiction, having responsibility for motor vehicle offenses, parking tickets, minor criminal-type offenses (for example, simple assault, bad checks), municipal ordinance offenses (such as dog barking or building code violations) and other offenses, such as fish and game violations. A Municipal Court usually has jurisdiction over only cases that occur within the boundaries of its municipality.
The Judiciary provides uniform and extensive training to all Municipal Court Judges and personnel. The Court Administrator has obtained certification through a course of study the completion of a written and oral examination process allowing her to use the title of Certified Municipal Court Administrator.
Paramus Court:
Hours: M–F 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Court Sessions M & W 2:30PM
Public Defender fee: $200.00


1 Jockish Square 2nd Floor
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 265-2100 Ext: 2320
(201) 265-6428 FAX

Court Administrator
Cynthia Holmes
(201) 265-2100 Ext: 2320

Paramus Judges
Hon. Richard Conte
Hon. Joseph Mecca, Jr.

Maywood Judge
Hon. George Savino

Oradell Judge
Hon. Richard J. Conte, J.M.C