Board of Health
The Paramus Board of Health is a legally constituted, autonomous body appointed by the Mayor to make health policy for the Borough. The Board is empowered by State statute to enact local ordinances to protect the public health and to provide programs in five major areas, including Administration, Environmental Health, Communicable Disease Control, Maternal and Child Health, and Chronic Illness Detection and Control. It is also responsible to appoint its’ own personnel to the Department of Health. The 2021 Annual Health Officers Report is available to the public for reference.
COVID 19 Quick Reference Documents
The following documents will provide important information regarding reopening. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
View the State of New Jersey Department of Health website.
- ABC Temporary COVID-19 Expansion of Premises Permit Information (PDF)
- Child Care Facilities - Health & Safety Requirements (PDF)
- Outdoor Dining - Executive Order 150 (PDF)
- Outdoor Dining - NJ Dept of Health Protocols - Executive Directive 20-014 (PDF)
- Outdoor Pools - NJ Dept of Health Standards (PDF)
- Personal Care Services - Executive Order 154 (PDF)
- Personal Care Services - NJ Div of Consumer Affairs Administrative Order (PDF)
- Tanning and Body Art Establishments - NJ Dept of Health Executive Directive No. 20-015 (PDF)
- Youth Summer Camp - NJ Dept of Health Standards (PDF)
For the latest information from the State of New Jersey visit the NJ information hub or text njcovid to 898-211
Questions or concerns about COVID-19? Call 2-1-1. NJ 211 is New Jersey’s statewide, comprehensive, information and referral service.
The Board of Health provides the residents of the Borough with a number of state-mandated programs, including:
- Bacteriological sampling of food and dairy products
- Education and training of food handlers and management personnel
- Food and beverage vending machine inspection
- Insect and rodent control
- Inspection of retail food establishments
- Occupational health
- Rabies control
- Recreational bathing facility inspection and sampling
- Response to citizen complaints
- Youth camp inspection
Personal health services provided include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Child lead screening
- Influenza a immunization programs
- Ongoing adult health counseling sessions
- School health
- Supervision of child immunization records
Community Health Programs provided by Valley Hospital which presents an opportunity for residents to avail themselves of a variety of health screenings, lectures by physicians and many resources. Annual Blood Chemistry Screening is provided, and a variety of health education and health promotion programs are available to community groups. The department is also responsible for the investigation and reporting of cases of communicable disease.
Employee Health Services provided by the Board include:
- Blood-borne pathogens training and immunization
- Employee TB testing
- Federal substance abuse training and testing for commercial drivers
- Worker and community right to know training
- The Board of Health is also responsible for registering and recording Vital Statistics:
- Domestic Partnership
- Death Records
Board Members Term Expires
|Dr. Eric Nazziola - Board President||12/31/22|
|Zalaikha Javed Memon - Vice President||12/31/22|
|Gregory Serrano, DDS||12/31/24|
Board Meetings Dates
In accordance with the Open Meetings Act, the following is the schedule of the regular meetings of the Paramus Board of Health to be held in the Paramus Borough Hall Caucus Room, Jockish Square, Paramus, New Jersey, during the year 2022. Regular meetings will be held at 5:30PM. At the meeting of February 28th, the Health Officer will present her annual report to the public on the status of the community’s health.
The Paramus Board of Health meetings will be held on the following dates at 5:30PM:
|January No Meeting||February 28, 2022|
|March 14, 2022||April No Meeting|
|May 16, 2022||June 13, 2022|
|July - No Meeting||August - No Meeting|
|September 12, 2022||October No Meeting|
|November 14, 2022||December 12, 2022|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.