The Building Department counter is open from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Paramus Building Department
If you are planning to add, renovate or just update your home or business we are here to help. Our Inspectors are licensed by the State of New Jersey and are here to make sure your construction is performed to the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and to Paramus’ high standards for your safety. We are here to help you with the process, whether you are replacing a fence, paving a driveway, or selling your home.
We know you are not doing construction every day, so if you have any questions please feel free to call (201) 265-2100 Ext. 2230.
Borough of Paramus
- Chapter 203 Construction Codes, Uniform
NJ Division of Codes & Standards
View the building codes and standards for New Jersey.
- Building: 2021 International Building/Residential Code the New Jersey Edition
- Electric: National Electric Code / NEC 2020
- Energy: IECC 2021 / ASHRAE 90.1-2019
- Existing Bldg: UCC Rehabilitation Subcode NJAC 5:23-6
- Fire: NFPA 13 2019, IBC NJ ed. 2021
- Handicapped: NJAC 5:23-7 and Chapter 11 of IBC/2021
- Mechanical: International Mechanical Code 2021 and the International Fuel Gas Code 2021
- Plumbing: National Standard Plumbing Code / NSPC 2021
- Site: NJ DOT Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction and Paramus Ordinance Chapter 371
- Zoning: Paramus Ordinances Chapters 371 and 429
For more information, visit the Department of Community Affairs website.