FALL 2020 BROCHURE IS OUT!
Click here to view the list of our Fall 2020 Program Offerings!
COVID-19 Update - Youth Sports Practices to Re-Open June 22nd - Please see the following restrictions for all field usages.
- Available for Use Beginning June 22nd.
- As per executive order, this opening is for practices only.
- A max 100 people will be allowed at each site per time slot.
- Social distancing should be demonstrated at all costs. This will limit teams to non-contact drills and skills rather than any sort of competition.
- Only Paramus recognized programs will receive scheduled field access.
- No outside organizations or rentals will be permitted until further notice.
- Tennis Courts will opened, and social distancing is required.
- Field Usage permits will be scheduled within any borough or state curfews.
- Bathrooms will be available.
- All field requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Approval is required to begin practice. Field Permit Request Form
*ALL SPRING PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED*
REFUND OPTIONS: Click here to view a description of all possible refund options for any cancelled spring programs*
REFUND REQUEST FORM: Please click here to submit a ’refund request form’ to the Recreation Department. All forms must be submitted to email@example.com
W9: Should you like a refund as a Purchase Order, we will need a completed W9 form. Please click here and complete the first page of the attached PDF
SUMMER 2020 BROCHURE
We are happy to offer a series of social distance-compliant programs that will be running throughout the summer. To view our Summer 2020 Brochure, click on the link below:
Summer Playground & Trip Camp Update!
Due to the governments COVID-19 Executive Order, and no plan or schedule for it to be lifted, there will be no Summer Playground or Trip Camp for the Summer of 2020.
Special Needs Shadows Needed
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Intent to Coach Form
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!
The Valley Hospital
Bergen County Charity Classic
All American Auto Group
Jersey Mikes Subs
GEM Sports, LLC
Paramus Medical & Sports Rehab Center
The Paramus Recreation Commission’s mission is to create opportunities for growth and improvement of citizens by offering an array of recreation programs that are diverse in their scope and address the physical, social and mental needs of the community.
- To ensure that recreation opportunities are available to all residents, regardless of skill or ability
- To create, advertise and manage seasonal programs such as sports, summer playground and educational classes
- To organize special events for the community that create a sense of pride in one’s community
- To recruit and oversee the best possible volunteer coaches for each sport
- To coordinate field and gym usage with various teams and organizations from the community, including the Board of Education, for the benefit of residents
- To work with the Shade Tree Department to ensure that fields are maintained in accordance with program schedules and that parks and playgrounds are routinely maintained to ensure the safety of residents
The Recreation Commission’s refund policy has changed. Credits and refunds will no longer be issued for any withdrawal or cancellation. Exceptions will not be made. Please note that as of January 1, 2017, credit card convenience fees for all borough departments will be set at 2.75% of the transaction amount, rather than a flat rate.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Many of the youth activities offered in our brochure rely on volunteer coaches. Anyone wishing to coach any youth activity must complete both an Intent to Coach Form and an Ethics Form. All volunteer coaches must take part in and pass the Rutgers’ S.A.F.ET.Y. Clinic. All candidates will be subject to a background check.